This episode is sponsored by RGo Robotics
On the show this week, we check in with RGo Robotics cofounder and CEO Amir Bousani and Simon Jensen-Fellows from Verizon for an in-depth conversation about how AI is quickly evolving and how this will impact the perception and autonomy capabilities of mobile robots. Simon informs us on how Verizon’s 5G network can support the edge computing and communication needs of the mobile robotics industry in the future. It’s a look at how the architecture of the cloud and the edge is evolving to meet the growing needs of mobile robotics.
We also cover the news of the week, including the announcement of a new funding round for mobile robotics software provider Formant, and we have a quick interview with Formant cofounder and CEO Jeff Linnell.
9:30 Formant Software funding update with CEO Jeff Linnell
31:54 Featured Interview: Amir Bousani, CEO and co-founder of RGo Robotics, Simon, Jensen-Fellows Head of Technology for 5G Disruption at Verizon
News this week:
- Robotics companies raise $851M in August 2023
- Robotics funding reached $851 million in August 2023, the result of 62 investments. The total amount of funding for 2023 to date is about $8.85 billion.
- PULS acquires the business of Wiferion wireless charging
- PULS has acquired the Wiferion business and will form a new business unit based in Germany called PULS Wireless.
- PULS is a well-known DIN Rail power supply manufacturer and has a large sales team and channel around the world, so this will bring Wiferion tech to a broader audience.
- Today, Formant announced a new funding round
- Formant announced the completion of a $21 million funding round. The investment was led by BMW i Ventures, with participation from new investors Intel Capital, GS Futures, and previous investors, including SignalFire, Hillsven, Pelion Ventures, Holman, Ericsson, Goodyear Ventures, PICUS Capital and Thursday Ventures.
Register now so that you don’t miss this exciting event.