Listen to this article
On the show this week, we talk to Waku Robotics founder and CEO Victor Splittgerber about the recent Logimat tradeshow in Europe. Victor also provides us with his thoughts about the state of the AMR/AGV market in Europe and how the Lotsofbots website came to be an important resource for new users of autonomous mobile robots.
The company develops a fleet management software solution that is useful for mixed fleets of AMRs/AGVs.
News of the Week
- Wiferion is being acquired by Tesla
- Indy Autonomous Challenge sets autonomous vehicle speed record at Monza Raceway
- PoliMOVE finished its final lap in a blistering 2:05.87 on the 5.79 kilometer / 3.6-mile-long track, with 11 turns, reaching a top speed of 273.4 KPH (169.8 MPH). Beating the odds, PoliMOVE’s AI driver was piloting a backup AV-21 racecar due to a wreck of its original car during practice earlier in the week.
- Compare to a human driven racecar maximum speed achieved in a 2022 Formula One car is 356.4 km/h (221.5 mph)
- (April 2022) The Indy Autonomous Challenge (IAC) racecar, a Dallara AV-21 programmed by team PoliMOVE from Politecnico di Milano (Italy) and the University of Alabama (USA), set a new land speed world record of 192.2 MPH / 309.3 KPH at the historic Kennedy Space Center this week.
- evoBOT completes first tests at Munich Airport
- evoBOT can reach a maximum speed of up to 60 km/hour (around 37 MPH) and can transport a load of up to 100 kg (over 220 lbs).
- SoftBank makes offer to acquire Balyo shares
- Balyo, a robotics company with nearly 18 years of experience in the industry, could soon find itself under new ownership. SoftBank Group has entered into an agreement to acquire a 41.8% stake in the company for €11.8 million, around $12.9 million.
- The companies hope to finalize the deal during the final quarter of 2023.