Average salary (per annum): US$84,370
Roles and responsibilities: A robotics engineer is a behind-the-scenes designer responsible for creating robots and robotic systems that can perform duties that humans are either unable or prefer not to complete. Robotics engineers spend the majority of their time designing the plans and processes needed to not only build robots but to have them work effectively. Some robotics engineers also design the machines that assemble the robots. Before a robot being constructed, engineers determine exactly what the robot will be used for. The roles and responsibilities of the robotic engineers include designing and evaluating prototypes, developing software systems for localization, object detection & tracking, and control of the robot, reviewing and approving cost estimates and design calculations, investigating mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- knowledge of engineering science and technology
- knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, and software
- mathsmath’s knowledge
- design skills and knowledge
- excellent verbal communication skills
- the ability to use, repair, and maintain machines and tools
- thinking and reasoning skills
- complex problem-solving skills
Top 3 Online courses:
Industrial Automation course at LinkedIn: In this course, instructor Ian Barkin takes a deep dive into RPA, explaining what it is, what it’s not, and what to keep in mind when adopting it in your organization. Here, Ian shares information that can help a variety of stakeholders, from executives to IT professionals, to grasp the key benefits of RPA, as well as best practices that can help their organization succeed at both the process and enterprise levels.
Modern Robotics at Coursera: This Specialization provides a rigorous treatment of spatial motion and the dynamics of rigid bodies, employing representations from modern screw theory and the product of exponentials formula. Students with a freshman-level engineering background will quickly learn to apply these tools to analysis, planning, and control of robot motion. Students’ understanding of the mathematics of robotics will be solidified by writing robotics software.
Industrial automation at Udemy: This CourseThis Course is an intensive course that tries to cover all the concepts required to build a fully functional Electrical Automation project. This course will walk you through the process of designing your projects from scratch step by step by first introducing you to the most basic components and concepts.
Top Institutes Offering the program:
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIITH): IIITH has a Robotic Research Lab, which aims to work on research problems and innovative projects that extend the state-of-the-art in robotics.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur): IIT Kanpur has the Center for Robotics, which offers courses by faculty members from Aeronautical, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering Departments.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT Allahabad): IIIT Allahabad offers M.Tech. in Robotics through CCMT counseling based on the score obtained in GATE. Candidates for robotics to join in IIITA must complete B.E./ B.Tech. in the relevant stream.
Top Recruiters for This job:
NVIDIA: Nvidia Corporation is an American multinational technology company incorporated in Delaware and based in Santa Clara, California. It designs graphics processing units for the gaming and professional markets, as well as systems on a chip unit for the mobile computing and automotive market.
NASA: The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the U.S. federal government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and space research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.
Google: Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
Braintech: Braintech designs, develops, and deploys software and peripherals for Vision-Guided Robotics (VGR) systems. With a research and development staff focused on staying at the leading edge of VGR for the industrial, consumer and service, and government and defense markets, Braintech is the leader of vision-guided robotics.
iRobot: iRobot Corporation is an American technology company that designs and builds consumer robots. It was founded in 1990 by three members of MIT’s Artificial Intelligence Lab, who designed robots for space exploration and military defense.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author
Read More: All You Should Know about Robotics Engineer and Its Opportunities